Cineworld cinemas across the UK and Ireland are temporarily closed. until further notice. We expect to resume operations in the UK in May, in line with current government guidance.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and customers have always been our top priority during this difficult time, and we can assure you that we will be ready to re-open our cinemas with the same safety levels you have already seen, while maintaining the great experience that you are used to getting from us.
If you have any questions, please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions below.
You will be able to get updates on the status of our cinemas via email, if you are a My Cineworld or Unlimited member, the Cineworld mobile app, the Cineworld website and on our social media channels.
And finally, we want to thank you, our movie-loving customers for all the support you have shown us over the past few months. We know you miss the big screen experience and the escapism of cinema, and we can’t wait to welcome you back as soon as possible to feel more again at Cineworld, the best place to watch a movie.
The Cineworld Team
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will Cineworld reopen?
We expect to resume operations in the UK in May, in line with current government guidance. At that time, we will be following government and health authority guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and customers.
How will you let customers know when the cinema is up and running again?
We will post any update on our website and social channels as well as sending an email to our My Cineworld and Unlimited customers. Alternatively, you can get updates right here on the Cineworld blog or on our national Twitter and Facebook pages, and your local Cineworld’s Facebook page.
What safety measures are likely to be in place when you re-open?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and UK government advice, Cineworld have put a number of safety measures in place in order to provide a safe environment for all of their customers and staff. This includes, but is not limited to the following safety measures:
- Social distancing measures have been implemented across all areas within the cinema in line with local government guidelines as required.
- Distanced allocated seating has been adopted in screens to ensure social distancing is maintained between customers from different households.
- Film start and end times are staggered to allow customers to exit without crossing paths with customers going in or out of other screens. Additional cleaning time has also been added between films.
- Our already high cleaning standards have been enhanced by a cleaning programme designed to clean and sanitise the high touch points within the cinema.
- Plastic screens have been added to concessions areas to ensure that both staff and customers are protected where safe distancing cannot be maintained.
- Our tills accept contactless card payments up to a value of £45/€50 and Apple Pay/Google Pay mobile payments with no limit in our cinemas.
- All employees have received specific COVID-19 training and PPE including masks, which have been provided as part of their uniform.
- All customers are required to wear a face covering in the cinema, which can only be removed while consuming food and drink.
- Hand sanitisers have been provided in the foyer areas of each venue.
- Stringent handwashing guidelines have been put in place for all employees to supplement our current personal hygiene policy.
How do I get in contact with you?
You contact us via email on [email protected]. Please note, it may take us several days to get back to you.
Can I access My Cineworld account while cinemas are closed?
As our cinemas will be closed, online account management has been temporarily disabled for security purposes. This service will be available again when our cinemas reopen. We’ll email you when we’re up and running again.
I have a My Cineworld Plus account. What will happen to my account?
We will be extending the membership of all My Cineworld Plus accounts retrospectively once we re-open equivalent to the total duration that we were closed.
My Cineworld gift card has expired, or will expire soon. What do I need to do?
We are going to automatically extend the validity of all Gift Box or E-Gift vouchers until 31 December 2021. If you have a gift card that expired during our closure, please contact our customer service team for a replacement gift card.
My Cineworld gift box has expired, or will expire soon. What do I need to do?
Once we reopen, we will automatically extend the validity of all Gift Box or E-Gift vouchers by the total period of time that our cinemas were closed. This means all Christmas gift boxes or Christmas e-gifts purchased in 2019 will no longer expire in December 2020. Likewise, any standard gift boxes or e-gifts purchased during the year will not expire during our closure period and will be automatically extended to cover any closure periods.
I received complimentary ticket codes or retail voucher codes that have expired/are due to expire. Will I get new ones?
Will all your Starbucks close temporarily?
Yes, all on-site Starbucks will be closed in line with the cinemas.
I am an Unlimited member. What will happen to my membership?
As per the last time we closed temporarily, your membership will continue in line with the Unlimited membership terms.
If you pay for your Unlimited membership monthly, please be assured that we will not be taking any Unlimited payments during the closure. You will not lose any prepaid time as we will credit you and reduce your first monthly fee(s) when we re-open accordingly.
Alternatively, if you have paid for your membership annually up front, your membership will be extended by the period of closure (with no further charge) and you will be able to continue enjoying your membership for that extended period once our cinemas are open again.
Memberships will continue while we are closed, so if you are currently a red card holder and your anniversary comes during the closure period, you will be upgraded to black card during the closure so your Premium Membership will be ready to use as soon as we re-open.
How do I cancel my Unlimited membership?
If you still prefer to cancel your Unlimited card, you can get in contact via email on [email protected]